While it may surprise you that banks are included on this list, it should be no surprise that industries that distinguish themselves with customer service tend to do service well. In providing your pre- and post- event experiences, learn from online retailers and banks by implementing their best practices. This means automating and personalizing as many experiences as possible and removing as many steps as possible.
Leverage The Expertise
Be sure to leverage the expertise of your hotel in helping you to execute as best an event as possible for your attendees. This means doing things like
- Food & Beverage - making sure your attendees have access to quality food, not just the standard cheap cookies, sandwiches and soda
- Personalized Check-In - when attendees arrive to check in, they should be greeted with a smile and a warm welcome from greeters. I've found a welcome martini, beer or wine can also help attendees to relax and be glad they are at your event
- Consistent Feedback - collect actionable feedback from your attendees during your event. This could be as simple as walking around and asking how everyone is doing to a formalized survey taken during sessions. In any scenario, it is better to act to improve things during your event if possible instead of waiting until after the event
- Discover the best way to communicate with your attendees
- Discuss the benefits of appearing available
How do you leverage your hotel's expertise to help make your events a success?